The Google Play store includes a list of permissions which apps may access or request on your device. If you review the permissions for any popular app, you will find that the list is similar as these disclosures are included to cover all possibilities.
Please read on for more details on how Centriq accesses other tools on your devices:
- Calendar: The Centriq app does not currently use or request permission from your calendar. When we eventually add features for maintenance reminders we may require calendar access to integrate with your calendar. Under no circumstance would the app send email to your contacts.
- Contacts: As a convenience feature, the previous version of Centriq allowed users to import contacts to populate service providers. This feature required permission to access Contacts on your devices. This is not yet implemented in v3.0, but it will be incorporated soon.
- Location: When you add an address in Centriq you have the option to “use current location”, thus the app asks for permission to your location. This is also a convenience feature so that you do not have to type in your address. After you confirm the address data as correct, the Centriq app discards your location data and does not use location services again. For more information, please read this knowledge article on how we use your address.
- Phone (device ID & call information): Centriq uses your unique device identifier to store settings or favorites in the cloud to tie them to you and only you. It does not access or use your IMEI number. The app keeps track of your phone state so that it can allow you to receive calls while you are using the app.
- Camera: The basis of Centriq is that you add items by taking a photo. So it needs access to your camera.
- Photos/Media/Files: You can also upload PDFs, images and videos to Centriq. It therefore needs access to your photos and files.
- Storage: Centriq does not modify or delete the contents of your USB storage.
- Microphone: The microphone is needed to record live video, and we will eventually allow voice memos to be added in the app as well.
- Network Connections: The device must be connected to the internet to function. As such, the app must be able to detect your network connection.
Disable or Disallow: You always have the option of disallowing these permissions. In some cases, the app my not function properly if you do not allow some access.
For even more information on permissions in the Google Play Store, please read this third party article.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you need more guidance, have questions, would like to submit a feature request or if you have other feedback.
Don't forget that you can access Centriq Online to use Centriq on your laptop or desktop computer or for optimized use on tablets.